Immigration and residency in Latvia
In order to obtain the right of temporary residence permit the following documents will be required:
- the copy of the person passport and information on person address abroad;
- person marriage dates, info on spouse, parents, children, brother, sister, languages knowledge’s, education, serving in military services, residence in foreigner countries indicated in official Application form;
- information on the person possible place of residence in Latvia;
- document confirming person staying in Latvia (for example, labor agreement - for employee);
- a statement on punish ability issued by a competent institution of the citizenship or the host country (for a foreigner more than 14 years old), if a foreigner has resided in that country longer than 12 months;
- health insurance policy.
First time to apply for a residence permit, a foreigner must submit documents personally to a diplomatic or consular representative office of Latvia abroad, outside Schengen and EU countries.
A foreigner is entitled to apply for a residence permit and submit the documents to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs of Latvia if a person requesting a residence permit as:
- an investor who purchases and owns a real estate (functionally bounded with buildings) worth over 250 000 EUR;
- a person (individual) invests at least 150 000 EUR or 35 000 EUR in the share capital and a company or
- a person (individual) invests at least 280 000 EUR in a credit institution for (at least) 5 years term (without rights to discontinue this investment earlier).
This condition shall not apply to a foreigner who is a citizen of a state included on the list of the states for the citizens of which in issuing a VISA or the residence permit an additional assessment shall be performed:
To find out more about immigration and residency in Latvia, please contact our English speaking lawyers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
T: +371 67 240 090
F: +371 67 240 091